LAPIS Semiconductor developed the UV sensor ( ML8511 ) to detect a ultra violet rays with Si ( silicon ) device using the original SOI ( silicon on insulator ) technology.
The ML8511 measures the amount of ultra violet rayses contained in sunlight, and it is used for the equipment which displays the suntan by a ultra violet rays, the guidance for UV care of skin, etc.
The ML8511 is ideal for mobile computing devices, such as a smart phone, a mobile phone, and a watch, at low power and a compact package (QFN).
- Optical sensor to UV-A and UV-B
- Realize equalization of an output voltage by trimming
- The analog voltage output proportional to UV light intensity
- Low current operation ( 300µA Typ. )
and low standby current ( 0.1µA Typ. )
- Compact QFN package
( 4.0mm × 3.7mm × 0.73mm )
- The TSV-CSP version is under development for the further small size package
( 2.1 × 1.8mm )
|Functional description||UV sensor with amplifier circuit|
|Operating voltage||2.7 to 3.6V|
|Operating temperature||-20 to +70°C|
|Maximum-sensitivity wave length||365nm|
|Sensitivity region||UV-A and UV-B|
(Operating mode / Standby mode)
|300µA / 0.1µA|